Monday, October 25, 2010

Recovery Day

Oct. 25, 2010

Training: Easy recovery run. Total Time: 1.75 hr

Although today was supposed to be my day off this week, I decided that I would join Mark out on an easy mountain run. Mark had one of those days yesterday where things simply couldn't come together to find his way out the door, a type of day I have had many times throughout my career. I'm sure many people can relate to those days where doing nothing at all sounds better than almost any other option. We brought the dogs and heading up towards O'malley Peak. As we got up into the saddle, snow and wind met us with excitement. I was debating whether or not to keep my over-pants on at the car and of course the wind and snow up top was quite chilly making me regret my opting to leave the over-pants at the car. Although the chill was a bit surprising, the slow trot was feeling good. Running back down though, my legs were actually feeling quite wobbly, a feeling i thought would be non existent after 195 miles through the Alps. Oh well.. guess i should just train more. Not much else to note today other than i did make a great batch of apple cinnamon granola which is beginning to become a staple in my morning along with the coffee. Home made granola can sure tide a guy over through a tough workout, let me tell ya!

Thought of the day: Is there such thing as too much ice cream before you go to bed?

No comments:

Post a Comment