Thursday, October 28, 2010

Oct. 28, 2010

Training: Recovery Double pole. Total time: 90 minutes

     I think the last few days have finally caught up with me. I spent a good part of my day at work utilizing a magnificent device known as the Theracane. This contraption is in simplest words a big candy cane like stick with knobby ends. One of the drawback to being a skier is the plethora of fun muscle knots that develop throughout the back, which from me guessing might be from jamming ones arms via poles into the hard asphalt thousands of times a day. I'm pretty sure the knot I was working on at work yesterday could have made Mr.T cry like a little girl. I was not far from it. If it weren't for other customers being there, I'm sure i could have made it sound like I was dying against my will. If only one could afford to see a massage therapist after every practice. I think I'm the biggest wuss in the world though when it comes to the back or perhaps mine is just in that much more disarray than the norm, I don't know. Whatever.
     Last night, I got to the APU gym around 8:15 to start my strength workout which meant that I didn't leave until 9:15 or so. This is never very ideal because I end up eating dinner around 10pm, but this has been my lifestyle for the past 5 years post college and I've gotten used to the odd training and eating habits developed. That being said, it always seems odd to me when i experience a "normal" day where I eat at "normal" times such as having dinner at 6pm. I feel like I'm eating a big snack before supper and spoiling my appetite. But nonetheless, the late evenings spent training hardly ever yield refreshed feelings the mornings after. Today was not out of the ordinary. The body did not coordinate itself this morning and no amount of that precious coffee seemed to do the trick. I felt pretty sluggish and slow during the easy dp workout and I cut the workout a bit short from the recommended plan. They call these "recovery" days for a reason. You wouldn't need recovery days if your body didn't feel occasionally like it had gone through a Mike Tyson- Evandor Holyfield fight.

Thought of the day: There is good pain and there is bad pain........and Tylenol for both.

No comments:

Post a Comment