Thursday, October 21, 2010

Athlete Benefits

Oct. 20 2010:
Training: AM-1hr L3 threshold bounding with L4 over the climbs. Total time: 2hr
              PM-light strength. Total time: 1hr
I would like to compare being an athlete to many older generation folks out there for a moment. I put my body through many rigorous ordeals and with such I wake up each morning and assess the body damage. Hmmm... Yup...thats hurts..... thats not doing to good...... ill be icing that later for sure. I cant help but wonder of the similarities between myself each morning and that of a person 80 years old or so. At the ripe old age of 26 I cant help but ask myself  from time to time why I put myself through this each morning. But as quick as the question appears, I'm out the door and off to see if the punishment has yielded any benefits. I do occasionally see someone of the eldest generation out there "getting fit", and I'm motivated by the fact that they are out there regardless of the social norm of sitting around and reflecting on "way back when". I have to think theres a big difference between pain thats age induced and that of pain created by self infliction which can almost addicting. Any any rate, another workout in the bank. My training partner Mark took no mercy on me and worked me around the course at more than uncomfortable pace. If I hadn't have done that to him so many times previous, i would have complained a little, but alas... i'm just as mean sometimes.
WORDS OF THE DAY:   Enough self-inflicted aches and pain from working out might just trump those of getting old. And you might just feel better about them. Keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment