Friday, October 29, 2010

Oct. 29, 2010

Training: AM bounding speeds at kinkaid. Total time: 2hr
              PM easy jog. Total time: 30 minutes

     Why can't I just wake up to snow in the morning. My senses were tickled last night as light snow started to fall in the evening. I went to bed with a smile on my face, dreaming that i would wake up to white fluffy power on my car and only my skis to think about. I was deceived once again! I woke to a good thick layer of ice on the roads and a tough enough layer on my windshield i had to pull out the tough scraper. The plan called for a double pole session with speeds out at Kinkaid Park  and "Rollerskiers......On ICE!!!" was my first thought. Late emails from Erik confirmed a Kinkaid start, but the workout would be on foot.


 Mark demonstrates good DP form

     Even though the ice made for a comical morning, the workout on foot went very well. After a short hour warmup, we hit some speed circuits on a 5 minute loop with two steep climbs. The sun was coming over the mountains to a clear day and most everyone was in good spirits.  I felt way better than I did yesterday, which relieves me as always. I occasionally reach the "why the hell do I do this to myself" thought when my body feels as though i would lose a fight with a third grader. I did some stretching exercises with my back last night and it seemed to loosen up it up a bit. Just enough i would say to let me pound a bit more today.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment