Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Oct. 26, 2010

Training: AM L5 speeds with L2 distance. Total time: 2hr
              PM L1 easy run. Total time: 30mins

Well I woke up this morning remembering that I had forgotten to set the coffee maker up last night and there wouldn't be coffee waiting for me when I arose. That was a good reason to stay in bed an extra five minutes. The weather had called for a couple inches of snow last night, so i finally decided that it was worth getting up to at least see if mother nature had graced us with her light fluffy stuff. Walking upstairs, i looked out the window to find wet sidewalks and gloominess. De-motivation number two....check. To my surprise though, i found the coffee had been turned on and was hot and waiting for me. My girlfriend gets up ridiculously early to go to work some mornings and she had set the coffee for me before she took off. Girlfriend gets 1000 points for that one. Motivation..... 1 point. I had spent yesterdays free time making Granola and for the first morning in a couple weeks had a solid breakfast. My Granola is packed with all sorts of goodies and protein and such, perfect for the morning feeding. As I sipped my girlfriend-made coffee I watched video of the distance TT our coach posted this morning. Watching people go hard was motivating..... point 2 for motivation. Apparently one of our juniors took a pretty bad crash just before the finish. Although I felt bad for him, the scene was entertaining. This was my third point for motivation giving it the win. I was out the door a few minutes later to hit the roller-skis. We had a simply set up this morning. Race speed L5 circuits (45sec, 60sec, 90secs). I did 3 sets and felt that was good enough for me. The power is coming back and feels good to go fast and hang up front again.  The sun came out just after finishing the last set. What a beautiful day. I finished off with a good distance ski into kinkaid park.

Thought of the day: The simply act of making coffee for someone can change that persons day!

No comments:

Post a Comment