Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Snow on my car...... Snow on my car

Nov. 2, 2010

Training: AM Distance ski skate with speeds. Total time: 2hr
              PM easy distance run. Total time: 45mins

Oh snow on my car, so white on the hood
So peaceful, so fresh, to touch you I could
But I shant, not right now, I will watch you and smile
And sip from my coffee that lasts me a while

Oh snow on my car, the first sign of season
Why I'm so happy, I have not a reason
I hope that you stay, I pray that you wait
For with my blessed season, you are my fate


        I woke up to snow on the ground this morning. Hooray for mother nature finally getting the ball rolling! It was comical to witness the incapableness of Alaskan drivers on the way to APU to catch the Van up to Hatchers. So many accidents caused by  those that fail to relate the white stuff in the sky and on the roads with slippery.  But such was it that it also took us about a half hour longer to get up to Hatchers.
        It was still snowing when we started skiing and the overnight snow had left about 4" of fresh snow for us to plow through. We were happy enough to do so still living in the excitement of being on snow, but plowing the way gets pretty old as the season starts to motor through. At any rate, after a few laps the trail was getting skied in and was getting faster and easier to ski. I of course started getting excited and began to ski harder than i should have. Mark had passively asked if I was going L2 and having not put on my heartrate monitor this morning, I had no idea. Judging by his panting, I was clearly entering the L3 zone and pushing the pace. Not that this is anything new, but I cant help getting excited this time of year.
       I was a bit late to work due to the road conditions going to and from Hatchers, but thankfully it hadn't been too busy. I made ammence by bringing in a Pumpkin Pie I had made that was left over from the Thanksgiving at Marks. And as luck would have it, we had a can of whipped cream in the back fridge. I don't think anyone could complain about anything if whipped cream was involved!
     I finished the night off with a nice 45 minute jaunt from the house. The roads were getting pretty icy at 8pm when I took off, so i'm pretty sure I got in some good ski technique in there as well. My girlfriend had spaghetti cooking when I returned home and at that point I was happy to just sit down. The days seem long this time of year, but its probably just that the light hours are shorter. Oh well, another day of good training in the bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment