Monday, November 29, 2010

On the Road Again

Nov. 29, 2010

Training: Leg spasms in the van

     They aren't kidding in those commercials folks... The Comfort Inn is pretty comfortable. We made it to Spokane, WA tonight after a struggle with a non-latching door on a minivan and a very coordinated effort of holding it shut and driving down the freeway. Never a dull moment on this team.
     Our internet crashed a couple days ago and so I didn't get a chance to write over the past couple days. The 10k classic race was I'm afraid to say less than Par for me. From the start I felt it hard to get the body in gear and felt simply sluggish the whole race. I guess that could be expected after 3 races already, but even though distance races in West Yellowstone generally don't go that well for me, I still get frustrated. The positive side was that on Sunday I was able to go out for an over-distance ski  and really push myself for a while to burn some of that frustration off. Supplemented by a most beautiful day and the opportunity to get out on the great outer loop trails, I felt much better in the evening.
     Im excited to get up to Silverstar and ski some World Cup courses for a while. Silverstar is the equivalent of a real life candyland with lots of colors and far from real civilization. I great place to go nuts and have very few know about it. I will post pictures when i get there to prove this fantasy land exists.

1 comment:

  1. Looking good Brent!
    Just talked to your Dad- he had a German couch-surfer spend the night! Good luck in all your training- maybe Pablo and I can come cheer you on in Maine! Perhaps you two could share a companion fare ticket?

    ReplyDelete