Saturday, December 11, 2010

Sovereign Classic Sprint

Dec. 11, 2010

Classic Sprint day.

I was running a bit shy of bounce this morning, but I managed to qualify in 19th. We had a couple of good climbs on the course and during the prelim I found myself skiing more frantic and choppy. The quarterfinal heat felt much better. I was skiing much smoother and relaxed. Bart made a good sprint move and cut me off over a climb. I was frustrated, but thats racing. I made my way back up the next long climb and was back in the race through the downhill. at the bottom of the downhill, we make a hard swooping left turn. The guy skiing just to my inside swung a bit wider than he should have and that forced me off my line and I caught my tip on the side of the course. I didnt fall but came to an almost dead stop. At that point I had no chance of catching up as there was only 300m left and I had a good 25m to make up. I still managed to stay out of the caboose spot, but overall a slightly less than par day for me. APU as a whole though still performed great with 3 of 6 women in the final and 2 men in the B final. Heres my latest pathetic attempt at video making. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment