Saturday, December 4, 2010

Another day in paradise

Dec. 4, 2010

Training: day off

      I made the best of a threshold workout the other day, but it was time for a bit of rest. I took the day to make a killer pot of chili that I let simmer all day and brew in the wonderful flavors. It was really busy down in the  village center. Silverstar is a popular destination!!! Although I have to say that I have conflicting feelings right now. We are about a half hour from the nearest REAL town and because we are into saving money, we cant take the vans out of Silverstar. Its like being trapped in your happy place. I need some reality from time to time though or I might just turn into some fairyland creature......which could be cool I guess.

A shot from inside the Fantasy Village:

I hope to get some good pictures from the top of the mountain tomorrow. Yes... we can ski to the very top of the alpine run on nordic trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment