Thursday, November 8, 2012

Getting Huge

    Its been a busy summer and although i wasnt expecting it to be so busy, i did enjoy it. I am working quite a bit more in the race timing and event management field and am starting to see the other side of racing a bit.  Training has been amazing this summer. Two things i changed; one was that i didnt race hardly anything this summer which has led to a more consistent training regime and secondly, I starting working with a professional strength coach.  I have never been great about doing strength and im sure that has been one of the many pitfalls i deal with as an athlete.

Jody Potosky runs IronWill Athletics here in Anchorage. If you ever wanted to feel small, just stand next to this guy. Jody competes and trains for the Highland Games, which to my understanding is a more raw version of strength competition.

Jody Rockin the Farmboy Carry

I asked jody to help me get strong this summer. First the first few months i was doing what i equate to as Stongman workouts. I was pressing giant tractor tires, Swinging sledge hammers, swinging kettlebells of all sizes and perhaps my new favorite, Farmboy walks (carrying heavy weights in each hand and walking 100m. Try it... you'll find out where you're weak really quick).


I take off for Steamboat next week to start the season. Im looking forward to it. Having not raced all summer, i cant wait to see how everyone actually stacks up. Im psyched and hopefully i will be a better blogger. 




1 comment: